Yesterday’s workout consisted of a pretty intense leg day.Since I am in the process of creating my own fitness program, I have been trying out different moves and circuits to get the best burn possible. First I started with about 15 minutes on the elliptical with the resistance at about 7-8 to activate my quads and calves. Next, a super awesome circuit!
- weighted squats weight weights at shoulders x 15
- weighted single leg lunge x 10 each side
- crunch x 10
- crunch with legs raised x 10
- toe touches with legs raised x 10
- side to side toe touch with legs down x 10
- cross-overs x 20(start with legs hip-width apart, take right leg and cross it back to the left making sure to keep hips facing forward while aiming to get back knee as close to the ground as possible. Return to original position and repeat with left leg crossing back)
- sumo squats with weights at shoulders x 15
- weighted leg kickbacks x 12 each leg (get on all fours on a mat, place weight in the crease behind the knee and hold in place by squeezing the weight. Raise leg with weight towards ceiling keeping toe pointed, lower leg, and repeat).
I also only allow myself about a 15-20 second break in between sets because the point of working out is to get your heart rate elevated. When you raise your heart rate, you are allowing your body to enter a fat burning mode. By the time I finished this workout I was dripping. It was awesome! Try it out and let me know how it goes!